Varicol® offering includes
- Prochrom® Varicol chromatography systems
- Prochrom® DAC columns
- Solvent storage and recycling systems
In multicolumn continuous chromatography, one long column is replaced by a loop of 4 to 6 shorter columns, optimizing the usage of the stationary phase. Only pure fractions are collected, leaving mixed fractions to re-circulate through the columns.
Contrary to SMB, Prochrom® Varicol is a features non-synchronous shifting of the inlet and outlet lines. The number of columns periodically varies in each zone of the system. This ensures a more efficient use of stationary phase and a higher productivity compared to SMB. In most cases, Varicol® is 15 to 30% more productive than SMB and typically 5 or 6 columns are used in Varicol whereas 6 to 8 columns are used in SMB.
1. Prochrom® Varicol Chromatography Systems
- Optimal industrial design allowing 24/7 continuous operation
- High productivity and yield resulting from excellent process reproducibility
- Reliable instrumentation and easy access for reduced maintenance
- Fully PAT compliant with our advanced control system
- Systems are designed to be operated under cGMP condition
- They are fully qualified and extensively tested during factory acceptance testing (FAT) and site acceptance testing (SAT)
|Column Diameter (mm)||10||30 – 50||50 – 80||110 – 150||200||300||450||600||800||1000|
|Productivity Range||10 – 40||50 – 1000||250 – 2500||10 – 200||40 – 400||90 – 900||8 – 80||15 – 150||25 – 250||40 – 400|
|Stationary Phase (kg)||0.05||0.4 – 1||1 – 3||3 – 6||10||25||55||100||180||280|
2. Prochrom® DAC Columns for Varicol® Systems
Dynamic Axial Compression (DAC) provides the optimum packed bed density and stability, thereby ensuring optimum separation efficiency and consistent performance.
For more information, click http://nilsan-nishotech.com/chromatography-systems/hplc/ and refer to Prochrom® DAC Columns